– There’s More to Books Than Reading! Books to Help a Nanny or Parent Through the Daily Routine. – I use books to teach my nanny children EVERYTHING! I believe that books are the most important hooks to get our little ones excited or interested in a certain topic. This guest blog will guide [...]
- The "Spray & Pray" and Other Ineffective Nanny Job Search Techniques Any job search is a job in itself. But the search for a nanny position can be particularly grueling. Sadly, we see so many nannies using techniques that hurt their chances of securing employment. Are you sabotaging your own job search with the "spray and pray" and [...]
– The Nanny & Nanny Employer Code of Conduct – The nanny turn-over rate is high! A recent poll conducted by Via The Village revealed the average nanny tenure is only 1 year. Setting and maintaining expectations is an essential component of a successful lasting employee/employer relationship. These are the best practices for nannies and nanny [...]
– The Ultimate Guide to Getting Hired as a Nanny – So, you’ve decided you want to be a nanny. Now what? Unlike many other careers in childcare, nannies play a unique role in the lives of the families whom employ them and the children in their care. The intimate workspace and the close [...]
– Professional Pay – In part 1 of Elevating the Childcare Industry we learned about the childcare crisis. How it exceedingly affects families and nannies but also how they often contribute to the problem. Skirting nanny taxes devalues the childcare industry and childcare providers. In this article, we will learn about how to be [...]
– Moving out of the Childcare Crisis – The childcare crisis affects each and every one of us. Even those of us who do not have children. Unfortunately, we have been living in this crisis mode for so long that many are numb to it and the way it affects our families, childcare providers [...]
– 5 Steps to Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse – Throughout your child’s life, they will meet a considerable number of people, and not all will possess good intent. While your child may be welcoming to those who come into their lives, you’ll want to make sure that they are in safe hands [...]
– Nanny vs Daycare in Chicago – Childcare logistics are the number one stress for working parents. It’s a given: you want the best for your child. So what is better, a nanny or daycare? It comes down to your family’s personality profile and what works best for your family. Take our quick quiz [...]
Trying to decide if you should use a nanny share in Chicago? You've come to the right place. We break down the benefits and potential hurdles.
We break down how to negotiate your salary and contract as a nanny. Here are six steps to help you lock in your next job and be satisfied with the setup.