If you’re reading this article then you’re most likely a new parent or hoping to become a parent in the future. Either way, I applaud you for your research! Whether your baby is a few days, weeks, or months old (or still a work in progress), you’re probably trying to figure out the “right” way to parent.
A trigger-free existence is possible, but it takes A LOT of hard work...perhaps too much work for some parents to tackle immediately. Proceeding cautiously is advised, and having a support system or professional help if needed is crucial.
– Nanny Industry Expert Panel: Exploring Industry Evolution, Empowerment and the Childcare Ecosystem – Via The Village recognises nannies as an important part of our community. For so many modern day families they are a crucial component of the village it takes to raise a child. Sadly, and rightly so, many nannies feel undervalued and marginalized. [...]
– Beyond Time Out – I’m a “specialty” nanny. But I don’t use fancy curricula, I’m not up on the latest potty training craze and I don’t have the secret to making your child sleep through the night. In fact, I don’t specialize in teaching the children at all. My specialty is respectful parenting. [...]
– Via The Village helps families and nannies thrive! Your nanny work agreements/contracts are the seeds of success. When composed and cultivated properly, the family and nanny will flourish. Each work agreement is unique and should be negotiated based on the needs of the family and nanny. Composing one can feel overwhelming, but Via The Village [...]
If you are lucky enough to find a wonderful family that you’d like to stay in touch with, there are a few tips that I’d like to share to improve the chances that your Nanny Family will be open to this possibility after you leave.
– The 10 Best Nanny Blogs and Podcasts – The nanny profession can be quite lonely. Nannies do not have colleagues, officemates, break rooms, or company picnics. Their “bosses” are tiny humans with big demands, and their days are busy and sometimes stressful. Everyone needs a place where they can feel like they are [...]
– Ten Reasons a Nanny Share is the Best Choice – Nanny sharing has been in the news a lot recently. Its popularity is increasing, and it makes sense as to why. We are in the midst of the ‘sharing economy’. We share rides, homes, office space… why not share the surmounting cost of [...]
– Caring for a Child with Food Allergies. – Food allergies absolutely affects everyday life, but does not have to rule it! My name is Lindsey Ross, and I am a professional career nanny. I have been caring for children for 15 years, with eight years as a nanny. I have cared for children [...]
Nanny Interview Questions: What Parents Should Ask & What Nannies Should Expect – Are you interested in hiring a nanny for your family? Or are you a nanny looking for a new position? The process can be time-consuming and stressful, but it doesn’t have to be! The nanny market these days can be very competitive. Not [...]